Thursday, July 29, 2010

What is your Earth Footprint? Mine is 3.3!

I haven't blogged about this subject yet, but it is an ongoing goal for me....Living a more sustainable life (greener living).  My parents ALWAYS recycled bottles, newspapers and cans...that that is a no-brainer.  But living a more earth-friendly existence is about more than just recycling.  We make little decisions every day that impact our environment.  We probably don't even realize that we have better choices because we are so married to our routines.
Do yourself a favor and take this quiz: http://www.earthday.net/footprint2/flash.html.  It will ask you various questions about your consumption habits, living situation, commuting situation, etc.  In the end you will get a score...and in this game you don't want a high score!  The results is how many earths does it take if everyone on the planet lived the same lifestyle you do.  My score was 3.3.  Yep, it takes 3.3 Earths to maintain my current lifestyle.  Yikes!
The cool thing about the quiz is that it gives you feedback on what you can be doing better to improve.  For instance, my score would improve if I used alternate forms of energy, drove a hybrid car (or walk/bike to work) and buy more locally grown produce and meat.
Take the quiz and see what you can do better.

Thanks for reading!
Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment